Is your resume online? Why not? Don’t give me that “I’m happy, I love my job” line – you never know when the wind might shift, or when that dream job dealing black-jack at the Bilagio might fall in your lap. Better safe than sorry. Here’s mine – feel free to steal the formatting (not the words, though) if you like the layout. There’s also a copy you can download from Scribd.
7 Pearl St. • Belmont, MA 02478
Home: 617.932.1147 Cell: 617.851.7277
- Strategic view of recruitment and HR, coupled with strong implementation skills
- Consultative approach to working with senior management, decision makers, peers, as well as general staff
- Highly effective at understanding, and marketing, an employer’s brand
- Rapidly leverages new technologies to make processes more efficient
- Technical skills include: Applicant Tracking Systems, including JobVite, HRM Direct, Taleo, Pereless, iCIMS; Microsoft Office Suite; Boolean String Search; Power Social Media User; Web-based Sourcing Tools (ZoomInfo, LinkedIn, etc.); simple HTML
Director of Talent Acquisition – Mobiquity, Waltham, MA January 2010 – February 2013
Consultant/ Sole Proprietor – Talent MatchUp, Belmont, MA January 2010 – February 2013
Human capital and talent acquisition consulting and contingency recruitment
- Direct Recruitment: Performing talent searches for clients in the greater Boston area
- Retained since October, 2010, as Senior Recruitment Consultant, by Magenic, a software consulting company
- Product: Assist recruiting product start-ups in developing product features, positioning, and roadmap, as well go-to-market strategy, copywriting, and evangelism to industry
- Technology Assessment: Advise clients on best uses of recruitment technology (ATS selection, job distribution channels, candidate assessment software, etc)
Recruiting Manager – ZoomInfo, Waltham MA July 2006 – January 2010
Leading source for business information on people and companies, utilizing a highly sophisticated, artificial intelligence and natural language processing technology to pull data from the Web and then create comprehensive profiles on professionals and companies. This data is served up in a SaaS model to salespeople, marketers, and recruiters.
Hired to create a recruiting function within the organization. Created and implemented all recruiting processes. Reported directly into the executive team, and partnered closely with managers and leaders across the organization. Created specific recruiting plans for openings that utilized a mix of: direct marketing; phone sourcing; employee referrals; social media; advertising.
- Hires: ~150, cost per hire over 4 years averaged $1,500 (had been at $16,000 per hire prior to tenure)
- During growth push in second half of 2007/ Q1 2008:
- Hired 44 employees, at an average cost of $900 per employee
- Full design and implementation of major expansion of company headquarters.
- During company contraction in 2008 and hiring slow down, took over product marketing for recruitment products after Recruiting Products Marketing Division laid off
- Marketing mix included webinars by industry thought leaders; monthly newsletter with original content; e-mail lead gen campaigns; speaking at regional recruiting events
- Hired, trained, and directly managed Recruiting Associate, as well as dotted line responsibility for office coordinators
- Selected and implemented ATS system
- HR and employment law subject matter expert
- Initiated and managed all recruitment vendor relationships
- Created innovative, highly regarded brand and voice for career advertising – ads have been held up as best practices examples by national recruiting trainers and bloggers
- Creation of ZoomInfo corporate social media presence across multiple platforms: Twitter; Facebook; LinkedIn
Executive Recruiter – Gardner Resources Group, Wellesley, MA July 2005 – July 2006
Regional accounting and finance recruiting agency. Focused on client and candidate development.
- Major wins (new clients developed, resulting in multiple placements) included Boston Scientific, CombinatoRx, VistaPrint.
Consultant – Premier Agendas/ School Specialty, Bellingham, WA October 2002 – July 2005
Premier pioneered the sale of student planners and 7 Habits for Teens curriculum within the K-12 market. Products range from simple planners to highly integrated curriculum and teacher training. Ran sales territory that covered Middlesex and Norfolk Counties, and ultimately expanded to include the city of Boston.
- Took over bleeding territory, reversed downward trend, repaired key client relationships, and grew territory by 10% first year. Growth averaged 15% per year for next two years.
Executive Recruiter – CPS, Inc, Boston, MA September 1997 – October 2002
National contingency recruiting agency. Boston branch specializes in actuarial and employee benefit talent. Ran a desk that focused on both client as well as candidate development.
- Developed successful, revenue generating relationships with clients ranging from multinational to start ups, including: Pharmacia, CitiStreet, mPower.com, Financial Engines.
- Consistently billed six figures. Recognized at all company meetings as top producer.
Co-Founder – Cheshire Promotions, Boston, MA July 1996 – October 1997
Concert and events agency, focused on innovative events, which drove revenue to non-profit partners
Publishers Representative – Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA June 1995 – September 1996
Start-up division within Addison-Wesley, folded back into company in early 1997. Ran 4-state external sales territory.
St. Lawrence University, Bachelor of Arts, English/ Writing
- Holton D. Robinson Fellow; Semester Abroad (University of London); Dean’s List and Honors Graduate
- Founder of campus Amnesty International Program; co-founder of University Coffee House. Worked 20+ hours per week throughout enrollment in support of education.
TALENT ACQUISITION LEADERSHIP
- Highly regarded blogger behind the multiple-award winning blog “Good to Know” http://recruiter.wordpress.com, winner of Top 25 HR Blogs in the World (HR World)
- Ranked in top 50 Recruiters on Twitter by The Recruiters Lounge
- Frequently sought out by journalists as a recruitment subject matter expert (interviews have appeared on online, in podcasts, and in print publications such as the Boston Business Journal)
- Regularly asked to consult and offer endorsements of emerging recruiting technologies
- Recognized at a national level as a recruitment thought leader, quoted in industry publications
- Frequent speaking engagements for industry associations and candidates
Electronic Recruiters Exchange; The Human Capital Institute; Boston Recruiters Group